Social sustainability is derived from basic human needs, and therefore the ability for humans to live happy and fulfilled lives these five basic needs or principles should not be compromised.
– The ability to not physically mentally or emotionally harm others on an individual scale-Human rights
– The ability to be equal. Treat others as you wish to be treated.
– The ability to have a purpose and create meaning in one’s life and others lives.
– The ability to excel, to be good at something and be educated and encouraged in order to achieve success at what ever level.
– The ability to shape a social system, to have ones voice heard and to vote. etc.
But ultimately TRUST is the over arching factor in a future sustainable society, with trust, greed, corruption, violence, inequality all disappear.
Below is a link it an excellent heart-felt video about all the wrong in the world and how people with love and trust can help stitch back together the pieces of our broken society.
It’s really worth a watch: